Over on instagram, @Laurenepbath called me out and asked that I write this 20 Things About Jeff Bartlett Post.
At first, I simply ignored it. Unfortunately, everybody else she nominated stepped up and completed the task, so now I feel obliged to do my part.
Since I am posting it on instagram, I thought I would also share it on my blog. I hope you’ve got a good place to sit, as this will seem long-winded compared to my normal captions!
20 Things about Jeff Bartlett
- I live in Jasper National Park but I feel most at home either on the road or in my tent.
- From 2007-2011, I lived in my wife’s hometown: Mendoza, Argentina.
- I speak fluent Spanish.
- My favorite travel destinations are always at extreme latitudes. Patagonia and Norway are tops on my list. I really want to go back now that my photography has improved.
- I traveled to Patagonia and Norway before I owned a proper camera. I really want to go back.
- Mountains are my life. I’ll always skip the coast to explore new mountains.
- My hobbies are my passions. Last year, I barely skied 100 days and it was the lowest total since childhood. I also bike nearly 10 000 km every year.
- When I play outside, I really like type-2 fun. It’s the result of completing a difficult objective; it’s about suffering now to be satisfied later.
- I have worked as a gun salesman, quasi civil-engineering technologist, front desk agent, hotel night manager, gondola operator, assistant financial accountant, bartender, ski patroller, and environmental data collector.
- My longest running job sounds the most ridiculous. I spent 8 years selling snow in northern Canada. Trust me, there is demand.
- I always wanted to be a writer, but discovered photography at journalism school.
- Writing still makes up nearly 40% of my work.
- I shoot Nikon only because I always have. I have no idea if other cameras are equal or better.
- I dream big. I always have big ideas, but often struggle to complete them.
- I’m too organized. I make a to-do list every morning with little check boxes that I complete throughout the day.
- I’m a closet introvert.
- My instagram account was practically unused until just last September, when @LaurenepBath and @Garry_Norris got me hooked.
- Now I am addicted to the wonderful little pocket world and I am so thankful for the connections, opportunities and, most importantly, friendships it’s created.
- I’ve only spent 16 days with @LaurenepBath and only 10 with @garry_norris, yet we are really good friends. It’s unusual.
- I’m going to challenge a few friends to do this, simply because I am interested in their answers: