Jeff Bartlett’s Writing Resume
It’s no secret that I introduce myself as an adventure photographer and writer, but I have long wrestled with the idea of simply calling myself a storyteller. I have always been inspired by magazine articles of outlandish tales of true adventure. It was with that in mind that I enrolled in journalism school, planning to become a full-time writer.
For a time, I did just that, pitching and landing freelance assignments from newspapers, magazines, and websites. Along the way, I discovered photography and my focus shifted, but I still accept plenty of writing assignments each year. I am also working hard to combine both my writing and photography to tell more compelling stories. New projects are around the corner!
Apologies that not all of these articles are currently available online.
Contributed to and curated The Afar Guide to Alberta.
Canadian Cycling Magazine
- Canadian Travel Stories
- P.E.I.’s cycling microcosm – February/March 2016
- The big descents of Fernie, B.C. – December/January 2016
- Calgary’s punchy prairies – August/September 2015
- Cycling British Columbia’s Northwest
- Mountain Biking in Jasper National Park
- 48 Hours in Winnepeg
- 48 Hours in Edmonton, Alberta
- 48 Hours in the Caribou Chilcotin Mountains
- Bikepacking in BC’s Chilcotins
- Banff Bike Fest 2014 Coverage
- 24 Hours of Adrenalin Coverage
- International Travel: Amazing Andes Adventure
- General Articles & Profiles
- The Steady Rise of Cory Wallace
- Crazy Larry
- Topp Notch with the BVMBA
Canadian Running Magazine
Between 2010 and 2013, I wrote more than 30 stories for the Matador Network. My largest contribution was during Matador’s partnership with the Canadian Tourism Commission. Called Explore Canada Like a Local, the campaign saw writers visit all 10 provinces. I traveled throughout Alberta and Saskatchewan. My contributions included:
- How I Joined a Wolfpack in Banff National Park
- Who You Meet in the Middle of Nowhere, Saskatchewan
- 9 Things I Learned in Saskatchewan
- Click here to see all articles.
Travel + Escape Magazine
- Desert and Skies Issue: Dark Skies over Jasper National Park
This article was republished several times, ultimately being featured on MSN Travel Canada and Cottage Life.
Throughout the 2013-2014 ski season, I contributed eight articles to TravelSquire.com’s original Ski Column.
I currently write three blogs for Viator.com:
Things to do in Alberta | Antarctica | Greenland
Viva Travel Guides
I wrote the entire Mendoza section of Viva Travel Guide’s original Argentina Guidebook.
Snow Zone Section