Join Conor MacNeill, Zoe Timmers, and I for the first-ever F8 Photo Workshop in Scotland. We have dreamed of this trip for years and, in 2018, we finally traveled to Scotland to scout our locations and build this itinerary across the Highlands, through Glencoe and onto the Isle of Skye.
On this 7-day photo workshop, we will see dramatic mountains, moody lochs, castles, rugged coastlines. From the highlights, like Old Man of Storr,
Glenfinnan Viaduct, and the Quirang, to our favourite lesser-known locations, we will photograph all that this rugged destination offers.
4 Key Facts about our 2019 Workshop
- Dates: April 6-13, 2019
- Cost: £2500 per person, based on single occupancy
- Instructors: Zoe Timmers, Conor MacNeill, and Jeff Bartlett
- Sold Out! Join our mailing list to have the first dibs next year.
About the Scotland Photo Workshop
We’re excited to launch our first-ever Scotland Photo Workshop. After scouting the locations in 2018, we’re returning this year for what will become an annual F8 Workshop alongside our annual Faroe Islands photo workshop.
Scotland is raw, rugged and breathtaking. We’ve built our itinerary to take in the highlights and maximize our time in the field. To reduce our time spent in cars, we will move hotels once during the workshop.
We limit our trips to a maximum 10 participants. With three instructors, this gives us the flexibility to not only teach the group but also provide 1-on-1 instruction. In the field, we’ll show you everything you need to know about your camera and its settings — whether it’s a smartphone, DSLR, or point and shoot. In the classroom, we’ll walk you through Lightroom and Photoshop. In just one week, you will learn how to photograph these amazing landscapes and how to edit your images like a pro!
What to Expect
Like all of our workshops, the Scotland Photo Workshop was designed for any skill level. Whether you are a beginner or seasoned pro, this trip across Scotland will enrich your photographic experience.
We’re experienced photography instructors and we’re able to quickly adapt our teaching style to accommodate individual questions. Always take the opportunity to speak and and ask for specific themes you want to learn or improve. Throughout the workshop, all participants should expect:
- Full-day photography adventures that cover various landscape and travel photography themes.
- Group photography instruction and regular 1-on-1 learning opportunities.
- Tailored lesson plans that includes basic camera settings to advanced techniques.
- Post-processing workflow lessons in Adobe Lightroom Classic CC and Adobe Photoshop CC.
- A unique travel experience where you’ll not only learn photography, but also make great friends, learn about the local culture, and have way too much fun.
What our Participants are Saying
The instructors and other participants are really what took this workshop from good to great though – an amazing group of really nice people to spend the week with. The instructors were so patient and not at all intimidating. I left feeling that I’d made 12 new friends for life.Kelly Graham, 2018 Participant
This workshop was great as I developed not only my skills in photography, but also my own confidence. An added bonus is that you make some amazing new friends!Naomi Elliott, 2018 Participant
Scotland Photo Workshop Details
While all of Scotland has photogenic landcapes, we’re focusing on the Highlands and Isle of Skye. They’re the most stunning locations and we’ll make sure you see the best of what these two areas offer.
- Accommodation for the whole trip – 7 nights
- Airport transfers and transportation throughout the workshop
- All breakfasts and lunches, plus both a welcome and farewell dinner!
- All workshop acctivites and post-processing masterclasses (DSLR and smartphone) for all levels
20% off SmugMug hosting for your photography!
What’s Not Included
- Air fare to and from Glasgow airport
- Alcoholic drinks
- Some evening meals
- Visa costs (if applicable)
- Travel & medical insurance
- Photographic insurance
Learn more and Book Your Spot!
Although this is our first Scotland Photo Workshop, we know it will become an annual event! Just like my Faroe Islands workshop, this is part of the F8 Photo Workshops series, which is a collaboration between Conor MacNeill, Zoe Timmers and myself.
Unfortunately our 2019 Scotland Photography Workshop is sold out. Please sign up to my newsletter so you’ll have first dibs when we announce our 2020 dates!
If you are keen to attend a photography workshop this year, don’t worry. I have multiple trips that are currently available, including:
- Faroe Islands Photo Workshop with F8 Photo Workshops
- Jasper Dark Sky Photography workshop with Jack Fusco