Join Conor MacNeill, Zoe Timmers, and I for the first-ever F8 Photo Workshop in Scotland. We have dreamed of this trip for years and, in 2018, we finally traveled to Scotland to scout our locations and build this itinerary across the Highlands, and onto the Isle of Skye.
On this 7-day photo workshop, we will see dramatic mountains, moody lochs, castles, rugged coastlines. From the highlights, like Old Man of Storr and the Quirang, to our favourite lesser-known locations, we will photograph all that this rugged destination offers.
4 Key Facts about our Workshop
- Dates: TBD
- Cost: TBD per person, based on single occupancy
- Instructors: Zoe Timmers, Conor MacNeill, and Jeff Bartlett
- New itinerary, emphasizing Isle of Skye
About the Scotland Photo Workshop
We’re excited to launch our second Scotland Photo Workshop. After scouting the locations in 2018 and running our first workshop, we’re returning this year with hopes for more moody weather and unique photography opportunities.
Scotland is raw, rugged and breathtaking. We’ve built our itinerary to take in the highlights and maximize our time in the field. To reduce our time spent in cars, we will focus our time on Isle of Skye.
We limit our trips to a maximum 10 participants. With three instructors, this gives us the flexibility to not only teach the group but also provide 1-on-1 instruction. In the field, we’ll show you everything you need to know about your camera and its settings — whether it’s a smartphone, DSLR, or point and shoot. In the classroom, we’ll walk you through Lightroom and Photoshop. In just one week, you will learn how to photograph these amazing landscapes and how to edit your images like a pro!
What to Expect
Like all of our workshops, the Scotland Photo Workshop was designed for any skill level. Whether you are a beginner or seasoned pro, this trip across Scotland will enrich your photographic experience.
We’re experienced photography instructors and we’re able to quickly adapt our teaching style to accommodate individual questions. Always take the opportunity to speak and and ask for specific themes you want to learn or improve. Throughout the workshop, all participants should expect:
- Full-day photography adventures that cover various landscape and travel photography themes.
- Group photography instruction and regular 1-on-1 learning opportunities.
- Tailored lesson plans that includes basic camera settings to advanced techniques.
- Post-processing workflow lessons in Adobe Lightroom Classic CC and Adobe Photoshop CC.
- A unique travel experience where you’ll not only learn photography, but also make great friends, learn about the local culture, and have way too much fun.
What our Participants are Saying
The instructors and other participants are really what took this workshop from good to great though – an amazing group of really nice people to spend the week with. The instructors were so patient and not at all intimidating. I left feeling that I’d made 12 new friends for life.Kelly Graham, 2018 Participant
This workshop was great as I developed not only my skills in photography, but also my own confidence. An added bonus is that you make some amazing new friends!Naomi Elliott, 2018 Participant
Scotland Photo Workshop Details
While all of Scotland has photogenic landcapes, we’re focusing on the Highlands and Isle of Skye. They’re the most stunning locations and we’ll make sure you see the best of what these two areas offer.
- Accommodation for the whole trip – 7 nights
- Airport transfers and transportation throughout the workshop
- All breakfasts and lunches, plus both a welcome and farewell dinner!
- All workshop acctivites and post-processing masterclasses (DSLR and smartphone) for all levels
20% off SmugMug hosting for your photography!
What’s Not Included
- Air fare to and from Glasgow airport
- Alcoholic drinks
- Some evening meals
- Visa costs (if applicable)
- Travel & medical insurance
- Photographic insurance
Learn more and Book Your Spot!
We are excited to return to Scotland for our second workshop! Just like my Faroe Islands workshop, this is part of the F8 Photo Workshops series, which is a collaboration between Conor MacNeill, Zoe Timmers and myself.
To learn more about the workshop, please visit f8workshops’ website.
Because of the challenging circumstances surrounding the Covid-19 pandemic, I am not currently offering any weeklong travel workshops. If you are traveling to the Bow Valley, I am available for one-day workshops. The details can be found here: