Join Conor MacNeill, Zoe Timmers and I for this incredible photography workshop in the Faroe Islands. This stunning island nation has grown more popular in recent years, but there is still so much to explore. Imagine towering sea cliffs, rugged mountain peaks, thundering waterfalls, and quaint villages, all within thirty minutes drive of Torshavn, the largest city and capital.
We host this workshop annually, too, so we truly know our way around. We’ll explore the highlights you’ve seen online and we’ll introduce you to some of our favourite lesser-known landscapes. Just don’t ask us to pronounce the names!
4 Key Facts for our 2020 Workshop
- Dates: February 29 to March 7, 2020
- Cost: £2900 per person ( £2700 early bird), based on single occupancy
- Instructors: Zoe Timmers, Conor MacNeill, and Jeff Bartlett
- Book Now: Reserve your place on the F8 Photo Workshops website
About the Faroe Islands Workshop
We don’t just know the Faroe Islands, but we helped put it on the map. Zoe Timmers helped launch the @VisitFaroeIslands instagram account and our images have been used in its advertising campaigns. Because of our knowledge of the islands and its many landscapes, we’ve built our workshop itinerary precisely. We keep our time in the vehicles to an absolute minimum, we maximize our time at our favourite locations, and we deliver personal instruction along the way. With only 10 participants and three instructors, this is a learning experience like no other!
In the field, we’ll also show you everything you need to know about your camera and its settings — whether it’s a smartphone, DSLR, or point and shoot. In the classroom, we’ll walk you through Lightroom and Photoshop.
In just one week, you will learn how to photograph these amazing landscapes and how to edit your images like a pro!
What to Expect
Our Faroe Islands Photo Workshop is designed with all skill levels in mind. Whether you are a complete beginner or seasoned pro, this fantastic trip will enrich your photographic experience.
We are able to adapt our plans to accommodate individual questions, so make sure to let us know if there is anything specific you want to learn or improve. Throughout the workshop, all participants should expect:
- Full-day photography adventures, with varying aspects of landscape photography included throughout the week.
- Hands-on photography instruction at every location, including regular 1-on-1 learning opportunities.
- Tailored teaching methods that includes everything from basic camera settings to composition techniques.
- Post-processing workflow instruction in Adobe Lightroom Classic CC and Adobe Photoshop CC.
- A unique travel experience where you’ll not only learn photography, but also make great friends, learn about the local culture, and have way too much fun.
What our Participants are Saying
The f/8 Workshops Faroe Islands exceeded all expectations, in every way. The organization was flawless, the training sessions were informative especially with the one-on-one coaching available.MARCEL PAINCHAUD, APRIL 2018
The f/8 workshop was the perfect blend of instruction, adventure and a tremendous amount of fun with our small group and great photographers leading the way.LISA RUBENS, MAY 2017
Faroe Islands Photo Workshop Details
Throughout the workshop, we’re based in the Hotel Føroyar, a beautiful grass roofed hotel on a hill overlooking Tórshavn. During our excursions, we’ll our favourite photography locations, spread across the 18-island archipelago.
- Accommodation for the whole trip – 7 nights in central Torshavn
- Airport transfers and transportation throughout the workshop
- All breakfasts and lunches, plus a farewell dinner!
- All workshop activities and post-processing masterclass (DSLR/smartphone) for all levels
- Photowalk around Tórshavn
- 20% off SmugMug hosting for your photography!
What’s Not Included
- Airfare to and from Vágar (The Faroe Islands’ main airport)
- Alcoholic drinks
- Evening meals (except for the farewell dinner)
- Visa costs (if applicable)
- Travel & medical insurance
- Photographic insurance
Learn More and Book Your Spot!
I lead this annual Faroe Islands Photo Workshop with F8 Photo Workshops, which is a collaboration between Conor MacNeill, Zoe Timmers and myself.
If you’re unable to join us in the Faroe Islands, don’t worry. I have more workshop opportunities throughout 2020, including:
- Scotland: Highlands and Isle of Skye with with F8 Photo Workshops
- Jasper Dark Sky Photography workshop with Jack Fusco